Who Can I Call With A Tax Question

Free tax advice is available to you if you need help with a tax return amendment or if you owe money to the IRS. You can even qualify for free tax services from a tax advisor when filing your tax return. Whether contacting the IRS directly, seeking the help of a tax advisor, or using community-based services, there are lots of avenues for tax success. 

Keep reading to learn more about who to call for tax services in Wichita, Kansas, including how to contact your local tax advisor and IRS representative.

IRS Customer Service

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Customer Service main line is the go-to source for many tax questions. This line is open on weekdays only – Monday through Friday – from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. However, many people experience long hold times when trying to contact the IRS customer service line. If you’re looking to get a simple tax question answered, this may not be the best route to go through first. 

Other ways to speak to an IRS representative

There are a few other ways you can get in touch with a live person from the IRS to answer a tax-related question. Try these two local options for tax help.

Call a local Taxpayer Advocate Service

This independent organization within the IRS may be able to help you with your tax questions. These services are designed to help local people with tax issues that can’t be resolved on their own or without the assistance of the IRS main line. Each individual state funds at least one Taxpayer Advocate Service center. Depending on the amount of centers in your state, this line could also experience high wait times. 

Visit a local Taxpayer Assistance Center

The IRS also operates local Taxpayers Assistance Centers (TACs) in each state. You will need to call to make an appointment, but your local center is a great way to get free tax advice. During tax season, local IRS offices offer special ‘no-appointment-needed’ days at least once per month. You can check with your local office to see which day of this month this is offered. 

Working with a local Tax Advisor

Sometimes working directly with the IRS isn’t accessible. Avoid the long hold times and missed appointments by scheduling with a local tax advisor. A skilled tax advisor can help you navigate the complex tax system, whether it’s making an addendum to your tax return or helping you prepare for next year. They can even offer some free advice when it comes to owing the IRS.
A Wichita tax advisor can offer high-quality tax services with considerable knowledge of the tax filing system and preparation process. Contact us with your tax questions and for more information on both Federal and State tax filing.